Thursday, October 11, 2007

Joy Comes In the Morning

I woke myself up laughing this morning. Not just a little snicker mind you - real genuine laughter. It has kind of set the tone for today. Most days I come into my job and try to make it through the frustrations of the day without getting too crabby and head home. Today has been different. I have found joy and laughter at the smallest things and I have enjoyed my day. The first moment of joy came on the way to drop the kids off at school this morning.

"Ms. Kristin, do you like crows?"
"Crows? Um, no, not particularly..."
"I do." (a few seconds of silence) "I mean me neither."

I chuckled. I returned to the daycare and spent the morning with 3 one year olds. We went to the gym so they coud run and get some excercise and I found myself smiling and enjoying every moment as much as they were. I have yet to go outside, but I heard on the radio this morning that the high is around 77 degrees today. Perfection. I am thoroughly enjoying finding happiness in the little things in life. I want to make it a goal to find joy in each day, no matter the circumstances. It could be worse.

No comments: