Monday, December 17, 2007

My middle name is grace

So I've always been a rather klutzy person, but this weekend (and today) takes the cake. Friday night was the wedding of two of my good friends. Before said wedding, a friend and I were walking out to use the restroom. En route to the restroom, I did the following: tripped over a stair, walked right into someone, sideswiped another person, and backed into yet another person. At the reception, they had a gazebo set up with branches and holly leaves and what not decorating it (it was a winter-themed wedding). I was walking by said gazebo and got my hair caught in the branches (without realizing it, mind you) and discovered it by attempting to walk forward only to have my head jerked back. I then went to the restroom again, only to run into a door. Saturday, my car decided it hated the cold weather and I got locked out of my car due to really really cold locks. Twice. (I know that's not a klutzy thing, but go with me here) Sunday, I managed to knock several chips out of my bowl of frito chili pie and then proceeded to dump my water all over the table, Cara's phone, and Cara. (Sorry Cara! Glad your phone is ok!) Today, however, was the crowning moment. I was on a monthly worker visit for my job and I had to run back out to my car to grab something. It was dark and I wasn't really paying attention to where I was walking (bad idea) and I walked right into a mud puddle. Now when I say walked, what I really mean is sank. Yes. I put my foot down only to have my right leg promptly sucked into to the mud up to the middle of my calf. The best part of this is when I pulled my foot out, my shoe stayed in the mud and I had to go digging for my shoe. Even better is when the kid I was visiting looks out the front door and sees me standing on the front lawn pouring mud out of my shoe. You may now proceed to laugh.

No comments: